Transitional Care Team
We Make The Transition Easier.
For rehabilitation patients, the Transitional Care Team will focus on working with each department to get you home quickly and safely. Our team is committed to making both long-term residents and their families feel right at home. Everyone at the Homestead can benefit from the comfort and support that our team provides.
- Provide 24 hour care.
- Medication Management
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living – Bathing /Hygiene, Dressing, Feeding and Incontinence Care
- Our RN/ LPN – Manage, observe, evaluate over all care.
- Monitor Daily Vitals
- Refer Specialist as needed.
- Consists of the Social Worker, Dietician, Nurse Coordinator, Physical Therapist and Recreation Director.
- Will meet with you and your family after being admitted to ensure that your goals both medically and physically are being meet.
- The team also meets annually with long term care residents and their families; or when a significant change in status is noticed.
- Quarterly Reviews are also done for each long term care residents and their goals are reviewed to ensure they are being maintained.
- Our team provide 7 days and 5 nights a week of fun and creative programs.
- Staff caters to the individual interests of each resident.
- We provide educational, spiritual, physical, & sensory programs.
- Recreation encourages residents to continue to achieve new accomplishments and lifetime goals.
- On-site Snoezelen (multi-sensory) Room and Pet Therapy Cat Lounge.
- Large special themed events monthly.
- Provides guidance throughout your stay to ensure that you and your family’s needs are being met.
- Set-up discharge services to ensure that when it’s time to transition home you or your loved one are safe and comfortable.
- Provide assistance in managing residents’ personal funds.
- Are available to guide you or your loved one when it is time to file documents for Medicaid.
“Our hands-on team works alongside your doctor to make your stay at the Homestead a successful one.”
When the need arises for residential care or rehabilitative care, the Homestead Rehabilitation and Health Care Center is working to redefine healthcare in Sussex County to meet the needs of our community.
Amenities & Services